Monday 23 March 2015

Evaluation Question 3

What have you learned from your audience feedback?
 

Before I began constructing my media text I used research to help me identify the key elements which my target audience would like to be included in my video and ancillary’s, I did this by creating a questionnaire and asking questions which I believed would be relevant in helping me decide the type of video. The questionnaire consisted on eight questions and was filled out by 25 people within the sixth form area of my school. The results I received from the questionnaire were extremely useful as it   gave me a better understanding of my Target audience and what there likes and dislikes are. And this also lead me to the conclusion that indie rock was the most popular genre and so I began looking into a variety of indie rock track to use for my video.


The general feedback surrounding my media text was positive. As a trio the overall opinion was that each of the media text complimented each other and that they all worked well as a collection as the ancillaries and music video all followed the same house style through locations, style and layout. I received a lot of comment saying that my were a good combination as they look similar and followed the same style whereas with the video the general feedback was that it should not be as similar in style to the ancillary’s as they were for the same album and the video was for one song and so it should have its own unique identity. From the feedback I received from my target audience I have learnt the importance house style in helping to create an artist identity as the most minor changes in location, music, presences and clothing can have a major impact on the artist image. 


This was the worst received media text I created and this understandably so I faced many challenges when creating it this. The main criticism was that the video was too slow, this was from the lack of fast cut editing and this was due to the fact I had very limited footage and so I had make each clip last much longer than I would have wanted too. From this I have learnt how important scheduling is as it allows you to know when you will have everything done by in result you can plan around any incontinences. I also learnt that when it comes to editing the more footage you have the greater potential your video has. As With an insufficient amount of clips it make editing hard as you are often forced into using shots you don’t want as you have no other alternative this in result restricted=s the creativity of the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment